The Ultra Course Roster does not allow custom Instructor Roles to be set as Primary Instructor.
Steps to Repeat:
- Log into Blackboard Learn Ultra experience as an administrator.
- Navigate to System Admin > Users> Course / Organization Roles
- Locate the default Instructor Role > chevron > copy > Make a copy of the role.
- Give the role a name and ID and keep all of the default settings/privileges.
- Create a test user.
- Create an Ultra view test Course.
- Enroll the user in the course as the new course role.
- Quick Enroll yourself as an instructor.
- Enter the Ultra view test Course.
- Go to the Course Roster > View everyone in the Course.
- Click on your own name Account to open the "Member Information" modal.
- Verify that you have a check box entitled "Primary Instructor."
- Close the modal and open it for the test user.
Since the Test user's role is an exact copy of the Instructor, the Primary Instructor checkbox should be available.
Users with the custom role do not have the Primary Instructor option.